The Adventures of Superman, was adapted from the DC Comics character created in 1938 (see Superman), came to radio as a syndicated show on New York City's WOR on February 12, 1940. On Mutual, it was broadcast from August 31, 1942, to January 28, 1949, as a 15-minute serial, running three or, usually, five times a week. From January 31 to June 17, 1949 it ran as a thrice-weekly half-hour show. The series shifted to ABC Saturday mornings on November 5, 1949, and then to twice-a-week in June 1950, continuing on ABC until March 1, 1951.
July 4th, 2008
Episode 59 of 210 episodes
Superman. August 5, 1940. Program #76. Mutual net. Commercials added locally. An expedition to "The Pillar Of Fire" at Gravesend. A bomb nearly stops Clark Kent and Lois Lane before they begin to visit the walled village. Bud Collyer, Julian Noa, Joan Alexander. 12:31. Audio condition: Very good to excellent. Otherwise complete.