Stuff You Should Know


Society & Culture

Chart Positions

Top 200 7
Society & Culture 3

How do landfills work? How do mosquitos work? Join Josh and Chuck as they explore the Stuff You Should Know about everything from genes to the Galapagos in this podcast from HowStuffWorks.com.

How the Human Microbiome Project Works

May 13th, 2014

Episode 677 of 951 episodes

If it was possible to take a full scan of all of the DNA of every cell in and on your body the results would be startling: Only 1 percent would be human. The other 99 percent comprises all of the bacteria, fungi, viruses and other microbes you literally cannot live without.